Tattooing is more common than ever and has many fans. Of course, lovers of tattoos should know that there are possible side effects. This is why there is a need to examine the side effects and it is necessary to take precautions before tattooing. Be aware that this route may be fraught with difficulties. Before that, think about the side effects of tattoos. In this article, we will tell you about the side effects of tattooing and important points about it and of course the next care.
Let’s take a look at a tattoo
To get a tattoo, the ink must be applied with a special needle to a layer of skin called the dermis. This movement changes the skin pigments. With this process, you can create any design and shape on the skin. Tattooing has become more popular than ever; In the United States, for example, about 30 to 44 percent of the adult population has tattoos (according to one study).
Some types of tattoos are temporary and some are permanent. In order to permanently tattoo eyeliner, lip liner, eyebrows, etc. on the body and face, an ink is used that cannot be erased and always remains on the mentioned points; For example, by tattooing eyeliner around the eyelid, the eyelid will always be black and there will be no need to use eyeliner.
How to get a tattoo
Tattoo artists usually have a small device that is equipped with a needle that is drawn on the skin and pierces it, and with each movement, these tiny holes that it creates on the skin allow the ink to penetrate into the underlying layer of the skin. It is possible. As a result, any design you want with this device and the ink in it is imprinted on the skin.
Get acquainted (gain, obtain) with present-day techniques that came from Tattoo and Tattoo
Tattoo is associated with the penetration of ink into a layer of skin; Therefore, there is always the possibility of infection and other side effects. Learn about these possible side effects:
1. Allergic reactions
Tattoo colors (especially green, red, yellow, and blue) may cause skin allergies, such as itchy skin in the tattooed area. Such allergies can occur even years after tattooing.
2. Skin infections
Skin infections may occur after tattooing. Skin infections and problems such as swelling and inflammation may also be a side effect of tattoos. One of the causes of skin infections is that non-sterile water mixes with the tattoo ink and, as a result, enters the body through infection and contamination.
The first two weeks after tattooing are the time when you are most likely to get a skin infection. Symptoms include the following:
- Redness of the skin;
- Itchy skin;
- Skin discharge.
3. Various skin problems
Sometimes in the area tattooed on the skin, an inflammation called Granuloma (Granuloma) occurs. There are other skin problems associated with tattooing; For example, Colloid Or excess flesh is one of the complications that may occur after tattooing.
4. Blood-borne diseases
If the device used for tattooing is infected with blood infections, you are at risk. What are the dangers? Risk of diseases such as tetanus, H. pylori. Oh you. He (HIV), hepatitis B, hepatitis C and مِرسا (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus).
5. Problems occur when. R. Oh you
Tattoos or permanent make-up can have serious side effects. What are the complications? Have permanent tattoos when shooting ام. R. Oh you (MRI) may cause swelling or burns in the tattoo area. In some cases, the presence of tattoo color and ink on the skin can also distort the image.
6. Hiding skin cancer
Another side effect of tattoos is that they hide the symptoms of skin cancer or other skin diseases; This means that despite the tattoo, you may not show signs of cancer and not notice your disease; For example, the presence of a tattoo may prevent the appearance of moles and redness in parts of the skin (these are signs of cancer).
Key Question: Is Tattoo Ink Safe?
The inks used for tattooing are safer these days than they used to be. However, be aware that some ink colors (especially lighter colors) may be allergenic. Another important point about the safety of tattoo ink is that it is sterile. Non-standard and non-sterilized inks are dangerous.
A 2010 study in Denmark found traces of dangerous substances such as nickel, lead and other carcinogens in some tattoo inks. According to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), some tattoo inks also contain substances such as chemicals in printer ink or car paint.
To avoid the side effects of tattoos, pay attention to the following points
- Before getting a tattoo, you need to make sure about the quality and health of the work. Do not immerse yourself in water. Tattooing is not uncomplicated and you should know all the possible risks and then make a decision;
- The environment in which the tattoo is done is also an important sign. If you see that the space is dirty and the health salon staff does not take it seriously, you should leave and not get a tattoo;
- The razors and needles used for tattoos should be fresh and clean for each person. Washing and disinfecting the hands is essential to get the tattoo done. If you see that the tattoo artist is not paying attention to these points, ignore your decision;
- The tattoo area should be cleaned with disinfectants such as alcohol. Also pay attention to this point to avoid the side effects of tattoos;
- You will need to cover the fresh tattoo with a sterile pad or bandage.
Learn Tattoo Care Tips
It takes about 2 weeks for the surface layer of the skin to heal. You should not touch the tattoo to reduce the chance of infection. Only in special cases can you touch the tattooed areas. Also pay attention to the following points about post-tattoo care:
- Wash the tattooed skin with soap and water and gently pat dry with a towel;
- Avoid wearing clothes that stick to the skin of the tattoo area;
- During the day, moisturize and lubricate tattooed skin with a fragrance-free moisturizing cream;
- In the first few weeks after tattooing, avoid exposing your skin to sunlight;
- You should not go to the pool for the first week after tattooing. Avoid entering river, sea and آب water and draw a line around the sauna for a while;
- Tattoos should only be bandaged for the first 1 to 2 hours. After removing the bandages, use antibiotic ointment to prevent infection;
- Do not go to the tattooed area for about 2 weeks and do not touch any scars or scabs (otherwise you will see scars and damage to the tattoo design).
at the end
Get acquainted (gain, obtain) with present-day techniques that came from Tattoo. Now you know that this is not so safe and requires pre- and post-care. Are you going to get a tattoo too? Do you want to do this by accepting the potential dangers and side effects?