Bananas are a delicious, healthy fruit that contains fiber, essential nutrients such as potassium, and antioxidants such as vitamin C. Many people throw away banana peel after eating it, but most likely by reading this article and despite what we say about the properties of banana peel, you will reconsider your decision to throw it away. Stay with us until the end of the article.
Properties of banana peel at a glance
Banana peel is a complex with brain properties such as potassium, zinc, amino acids, iron and vitamins that make you feel better from within. Banana peel also contains carbohydrates, vitamins B6 (66), B12 (B12), antioxidants, minerals and magnesium, which are suitable for cell regeneration, relieving insect bites and pimples, hair growth and teeth whitening. For this reason, it seems that banana peel can be used in the following cases:
- Skin care;
- Teeth whitening;
- hair health;
- first aid;
- House cleaning;
- Oral use;
- Moisten the meat.
1. Properties of banana peel for the skin
Most recommendations for the use of banana peel have not been confirmed in clinical trials. However, some studies show that banana peel contains compounds that can have benefits:
- A study in 2018 showed that banana peel is rich in phenols with strong antimicrobial and antioxidant properties that have many health benefits.
- According to a 2011 study, banana peel contains many bioactive compounds such as carotenoids and polyphenols.
- A 2012 study found that banana peel extract has anti-inflammatory properties.
Accordingly, many supporters of banana peel use it for skin care.
Here are some ways to use banana peel:
Banana peel and wrinkle removal
Banana peel is the cheapest natural beauty product and contains many nutrients. Some people use surgery to maintain youth and beauty, but you can naturally achieve this youth and beauty with banana peel. The antioxidants and vitamin C in banana peel help reduce wrinkles.
- Combine egg yolk with banana peel;
- Apply the mixture on your face;
- Wait 5 minutes;
- Wash your face;
- Do this 3 times a week.
Banana peel to remove scars
Antioxidants, potassium, fatty acids, zinc and iron in banana peel help heal wounds. Banana peel also contains esterified fatty acids, which are used in various lotions to reduce the effects of wounds.
- Place the banana peel on the wound;
- Wait 1 hour or overnight;
- Repeat this every day.
Banana peel to relieve itchy skin
Banana peel contains histamine and some nutrients such as magnesium, vitamin C and vitamin E, which help relieve itchy skin. Rubbing banana peel can deliver moisture and nutrients to itchy skin.
- Place the banana peel on the desired area;
- Wait 10 to 15 minutes;
- Wash your face.
Banana peel to remove acne
Banana peel contains potassium, zinc, iron, vitamins C and E, which help soothe inflamed skin and treat acne. Lutein and carotenoids in banana peel fight inflammation and acne.
- Put banana peel on your face;
- Wait 10 to 15 minutes;
- Wash your face;
- Do this twice a day.
Banana peel to remove puffy eyes
Banana peel lightens the darkness around the eyes. Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the aloe vera gel.
Banana peel as a skin lightener
Banana peel helps your skin glow and brighten. This skin has a gentle exfoliating effect and as it dries, it removes pus and oil from the face. The vitamins in banana peel nourish and hydrate your skin.
- 1 piece of banana peel;
- 2 teaspoons oatmeal powder;
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar;
- 1 teaspoon milk.
- Puree the banana peel with a blender;
- Add oatmeal, powdered sugar and milk;
- Mix all ingredients;
- Apply the mixture on the skin and massage;
- Wash your face after 20 to 30 minutes.
Banana peel for hydration
Banana peel is rich in potassium, which helps soften, moisturize and hydrate dry skin.
- Take a bowl and mash the banana peel with a fork;
- Put the puree on the skin but do not touch your mouth or eyes;
- After 10 to 15 minutes, wash your face with cold water.
Banana peel to control fat
Banana peel is a great exfoliator that helps remove excess oil from the skin surface.
- Crush raw banana peel;
- Combine it with a teaspoon of honey;
- Add half a teaspoon of lemon;
- Apply the mixture on your skin and rinse.
Banana peel and wart removal
Banana peel helps remove warts and prevent them from spreading. Simply place the banana peel on the desired area and remove after one night.
۲. Properties of banana peel for teeth whitening
Raw banana peel is rich in potassium, which helps remove yellow stains from eating. According to a study in 2015, banana peel with its antimicrobial activity with E. Actinomycetes Commitments and p. Gingivalis fights activity. These bacteria cause periodontal diseases such as gingivitis and periodontitis.
Although these studies do not focus on the direct application of banana peel to the teeth, natural healers claim that rubbing banana peel on the teeth is good for the teeth and gums, and if you continue to do this every day for a week, your teeth will turn white.
- Cut a piece of raw banana peel;
- Rub on your teeth;
- Brush after 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Properties of banana peel for hair health
Fans of natural cosmetics recommend that you use banana peel as one of the hair mask ingredients to make your hair softer and shinier. They also claim that the antioxidant properties of banana peel neutralize free radicals and keep hair strong and healthy.
4. Banana peel for first aid
The antimicrobial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of banana peel encourage some fans of traditional medicine to suggest the following:
- Use banana peel against sunburn, irritation caused by poison ivy or insect bites to relieve itching;
- Use a slice of banana peel on the forehead and a slice of banana peel on the back of the neck to reduce headaches;
- Place the banana peel on the skin for 15 minutes to help it heal.
5. Banana peel for home cleaning
Many people do not throw banana peels directly into the trash; Rather, they use it to polish and light household items. These devices include the following:
- Leaves of houseplants;
- Leather shoes;
6. Banana peel for gardening
Many gardeners recommend that you use banana peel for gardening instead of throwing it away. For example, banana peel can be used in the following cases:
- Combined with water for plant fertility;
- Add to the soil as a cream meal;
- Use banana peel as compost;
- Using banana peel to attract butterflies;
- Place it under rose bushes to prevent aphids.
7. Eat banana peel
Yes, there are people who eat banana peel like a banana fruit. In this regard, you can try the following:
- Use banana peel as a food seasoning.
- Cook the banana peel in a bowl containing half a cup of water and half a cup of sugar and make candy.
- Combine banana peel in fruit smoothie. You can put banana peel in a blender and mix it with other fruits. Finally, mix the ingredients with ice to make it smooth and creamy and enjoy eating it.
- Boil banana peel in water and make tea. To do this, put the banana peel in a pot of water and boil for 10 minutes. Then, with a strainer or spoon, remove the skins and add some honey or sugar to improve the taste. In addition to its good taste, this tea is extremely soothing.
- Combine the small pieces of banana with 2 cups white vinegar, 2/3 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon mustard seeds and 2 tablespoons celery seeds and boil for 3 to 5 minutes to get a delicious pickle. Pour the ingredients into a sterile container and refrigerate after cooling.
- To make banana peel vinegar, place the banana peel in a container with an equal ratio of sugar and vinegar, and cover the top of the container with a clean cloth (do not use the lid of the container yourself as it may explode!) And remove for one to two weeks. Allow the fermentation to take place.
8. Banana peel to moisten the flesh
Do not judge until you have tried! The method of moistening the meat really works. The next time you want to roast the meat in the oven, put a few pieces of banana peel under it. Banana peel is rich in moisture and its steam prevents the meat from drying out.
An old question! Is banana peel really slippery?
Yes! You may be excited to hear it. Banana peel has a lot of polysaccharide which is slippery. Polysaccharide is a chemical found in the membrane at the junction of our bones.
Have you ever used banana peel for a special occasion? If you wish, we suggest you share this article with your friends so that they become more familiar with the properties of banana peel and use it in the future. Also, if you have a specific opinion or experience about using banana peel, you can easily share it with us in the “Post a Comment” section.