Some people are more sensitive to burnt food than others, while others enjoy eating burnt food. The first group does not touch the food that smells burnt and throws away the food and cooks it again from the beginning, but there are ways to eliminate the burnt taste of the food and we do not have to throw away the burnt food. Here are some ways to eliminate the burning taste of food, and at the end we will provide tips to prevent food from burning.
Tips to eliminate the burning taste of food
Usually soups, sauces and liquid foods burn only at the bottom of the dish, because there is more heat in this area. But if you fry or grill meat or vegetables, the part burns on it.
If you notice that you have burned soup, sauce or pieces of meat during the cooking process, stop cooking immediately and use the following methods.
1. Transfer food to a new container
One of the main problems with burnt food is the burnt food container, because the container retains the smell of burns and adds to the unpleasant taste and smell of burns. Therefore, you must remove the food from the burnt container and transfer it to a clean container. Never shake the bottom of the dish when transferring food, as this will spread the burning taste and ruin the rest of the food. Remove the food from the top of the dish and carefully transfer it to the new dish. Then wash the burnt dish with the appropriate tricks.
۲. Separation of burnt parts
If your food is solid, you can use this method. Use a sharp knife and pliers to remove the burned parts. If the food still needs to be heated to change color and texture, put it back in the oven or pot. Only this time be careful to turn off the flame under the food in time or take it out of the oven so that it does not burn again.
3. Use of potatoes
If potatoes are not part of your diet, using them is a great way to eliminate the burning taste of food, because potatoes absorb the taste and smell of burns.
Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice. Put the food on a low flame for 45 minutes so that the potatoes taste burnt. Use potatoes only to absorb the taste and smell of burns and throw them away when done.
You can also add raw potatoes after transferring the healthy portion of the food to a new dish. Set the food aside for about 15 minutes and then remove the potatoes.
4. Use food to eliminate the burning taste of food
The taste and smell of burns is stronger than other smells and flavors of food, but you can cover this taste and smell with other foods.
Of course, the use of this method depends on the food you cook, and trial and error also plays an important role. Many people think that vinegar is a great option in this situation, some of them use apple juice. Traditional spices can also be used, but be aware that adding red pepper or vinegar to some foods is not practical, so you should use different ingredients for each food.
In general, you should balance the tastes in the food. Other ingredients that can help eliminate the burning taste of food include:
- Lemon juice;
- an onion;
Of course, you should not overdo it. You may need to add some fat to your food to improve the final taste of the food, such as a mixture of milk and cream or coconut cream.
If you have burnt buds, put them in a new container and pour a lot of sherry vinegar on them. The acidity of the vinegar removes the bitter taste of the burn and improves the soft, moist texture of the buds.
5. Fix the problem of cake burn
Wait for the cake to cool enough. If it is burnt on the cake, grate the burnt parts or use a serrated knife to remove the burnt layer.
If the bottom of the cake is burnt, turn it over and remove the burnt layer of the cake with a serrated knife. You have to pull the sharp edge of the knife on the bottom of the cake to separate the burnt pieces. Keep doing this until the brown layers appear.
The shaving method is also used for toast that is slightly burnt.
6. Eliminate the burning smell of soup, sauce or curry
Although there is no way to completely eliminate the effects of burns, there are a few simple things you can do to save your food. Remove the pan from the heat and immerse the bottom of the pan in water to prevent further burning of the food. If the bottom of the sauce or soup dish is slightly burnt, you must change the dish first. Carefully transfer the healthy portions of the sauce to another container. Be careful not to scratch the burnt parts. To remove the smell of burnt food, do the following:
- Add a peeled raw potato to the contents of the pot. Put the lid on and wait 10 minutes. Then remove the potatoes and reheat the sauce.
- For tomato sauces, add a teaspoon of homemade or industrial peanut butter or regular butter. Butter helps to hide the burning taste without changing the main taste of the sauce.
- You can add a little milk, yogurt or coconut milk. These materials also have an amazing ability to hide the smell of burns. Depending on the taste of the soup, you can add a few tablespoons of milk or yogurt or coconut milk to eliminate the smell of burns. Of course, these white liquids change the color of the soup or sauce, and you should be careful when using this method.
- If you are making a sweet sauce, using sugar is a good option. Start by adding half a teaspoon and increase the amount of sugar if necessary until most of the burn odor is gone.
- In tomato sauces, you can add more tomatoes to the sauce and then place the sauce on a low to medium flame to thicken again.
7. Eliminate the smell of rice burn
The threat of rice burns faster than other parts. One of the common causes of this problem is the lack of sufficient water. The rice cooker does not turn off even after all the water has evaporated and continues to cook, causing the rice to burn.
Remove the rice from the heat and transfer it to another bowl. Be careful not to transfer burnt rice grains, even those that are slightly burnt. Sprinkle one to two tablespoons of milk on the rice and place a slice of toast on it. Place in a bowl and let stand for 4 to 10 minutes. If the rice is still raw, cook it over a low flame. Just before serving, take the bread and serve the rice.
8. Eliminate the burning taste of meat and chicken
If the grilled meat is slightly burnt, you can put a slice of white bread in the meat dish. Place the bread directly on the grilled meat and close the pan and wait for 10 minutes. Bread absorbs the taste and smell of burnt. You can also add a teaspoon of peanut butter to the food liquid.
If the chicken is burnt, you can add a tablespoon or more of cinnamon to the chicken broth. Cinnamon helps to neutralize the taste of burns. Vinegar is also useful to cover the taste of burns.
9. Use burnt foods and sauces
If you can not get rid of the burnt taste of the sauce or burnt food, you can use it in other foods.
In some foods, burning ingredients is part of the cooking process. Burning materials makes these foods special and different. For example, some Mexican dishes or “kazandibi” which is a kind of Turkish milk pudding. In Iranian cuisine, we can also mention Mirza Ghasemi or smoked pilaf. These foods usually smell of smoke and charcoal and remind you of cooking on charcoal, but they do not have a distinct burning taste.
If you do not know the food in which you can use your burnt food, you can change your mindset. That is, accept that you are tasting a different taste and look at it with a smoky taste. Accept that this time your food is not as usual and try to enjoy the change in taste.
Tips to prevent food from burning
1. Avoid burning the cake
- Use an oven thermometer. An oven thermometer is a cheap tool that shows the exact temperature inside the oven and prevents the oven temperature from rising too high.
- Always stay close to the oven when executing a new command.
- Check the cake 5 to 10 minutes before the baking time stated in the recipe.
۲. Avoid burning soup, sauce or curry
It will burn easily if you cook the soup at a high temperature or do not stir the thick soup for a long time.
- Use a thick pot to cook soup and sauce. If your container is not thick, you can place a flame under it.
- Always cook thick sauces or soups on a low flame.
- Do not leave the saucepan for a long time. If your head is busy, set the timer, or even if you leave the kitchen for a while, turn the flame on or off, as you are more likely to forget the food on the stove.
- If necessary, add a little water when cooking.
3. Cleaning the oven
Sometimes cleaning the oven is the cause of the taste and smell of burnt food. If you do not clean the food residue in the oven, it will harden and burn in the next use of the oven and produce smoke. Do not delay cleaning the oven to prevent smoke; Turn it off and clean it thoroughly when it cools.
what is your opinion?
Depending on the food that is burnt, you can use the above methods. For example, change the food container and remove the burnt parts and use food additives to eliminate the burning taste of the food.
Burning food is a common occurrence and if you have cooked, you must have encountered this problem many times. We’d love for you to write us your experiences and solutions in the “Submit a Comment” section.