It does not matter if it is a one-month diet or a six-month plan, we all use it sometimes in our diet, without knowing the nutritional value of certain foods and snacks. These foods look healthy and low in calories; But in reality, this is not the case and they destroy our lean diet. If you are planning to lose weight, join us until the end of this article to introduce you to foods that, despite their healthy appearance, can make your slimming diet ineffective.
1. Caesar salad
If you think Caesar salad is a healthy food because it is a salad, you are sorely mistaken! 220 grams of Caesar salad has about 350 calories and 29 grams of fat. This is high in calories thanks to the sauce used in it.
- The solution to this problem: Use only 1 tablespoon of sauce and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
340 grams of banana and strawberry smoothie with Greek yogurt contains 220 calories, 1.5 grams of fat and 27 grams of sugar. Smoothies are low in protein and often do not contain fresh fruit (because they use fruit concentrate instead of fresh fruit). The presence of syrups, ice cream and sweeteners in the smoothie makes this nutritional value of this food not more than 1 glass of milkshake.
- The solution to this problem: Use fresh fruits with low-fat yogurt and protein powder.
3. Energy Bar
Energy bars often have many artificial sweeteners. The small amount of energy often forces people to eat more. Some of them have more than 500 calories.
- The solution to this problem: Eat energy loads that are 200 calories or less but high in fiber and protein.
4. Burrito Chicken (Mexican)
Mexican chicken has 1060 calories. This food has a lot of saturated fat, cheese and sour cream.
- The solution to this problem: Use a variety of grilled meats with vegetables and lean salsa sauce.
5. Sugar-free foods
Eating sugar-free foods is good for a slimming diet; But not to order fried potatoes or bulky desserts next to it! French fries can have an extra 300 calories for you. If you consume more calories than your body needs, you will gain weight.
- The solution to this problem: Examine your calorie intake carefully.
6. Vitamin water
These types of juices contain a variety of vitamins; But some manufacturers add artificial sweeteners to these waters, bringing the zero calories of water to 125 calories.
- The solution to this problem: Drink cold water or add some lemon to it.
7. Low-fat milk (2% fat)
This type of milk does not seem to have fat; But notice that half of it is still fat. The nutritional value of a glass of any type of milk is as follows:
- High-fat milk (3.25% fat): 149 calories, 8 grams of fat, 4.6 grams of saturated fat;
- Low-fat milk (2% fat): 122 calories, 5 grams of fat, 3 grams of saturated fat;
- Skim milk: 83 calories, 0.2 grams of fat, 0.1 grams of saturated fat.
- The solution to this problem: If you like high-fat milk, mix it with low-fat milk for a while and then skim milk. Do this until you get used to the taste of skim milk.
8. هاتداگ بوقلمون
The amount of fat varies in different brands of turkey hot dogs. The product may say “low fat”; But if you read the nutritional value chart of that product, you will notice that it is not really low in fat!
- The solution to this problem: Check the amount of fat available from the nutritional value chart. If you do not find the right option, limit the consumption of turkey hot dogs to several times a year.
9. Breakfast muffins
Muffin cakes are healthier than donuts; But the same muffins are also baked with refined flour. A typical muffin cake contains 520 calories, 22 grams of fat and 11 teaspoons of sugar.
- The solution to this problem: Use small muffin cakes with whole grains, high fiber and 100 calories.
10. Low fat granules
Low-fat granules have only 10% fewer calories and are still very high in sugar. On the other hand, having a “low fat” label can also cause overeating.
- The solution to this problem: Eat whole and low-sugar cereals with fresh and sweet fruits.
۱۱. Low-fat latte coffee
Maybe when you use low-fat milk to make latte coffee, reward yourself with whipped cream instead! However, this adds 530 calories and 21 grams of fat (of which 14 grams is saturated fat) to your coffee!
- The solution to this problem: Drink latte coffee with skim milk and no cream.
۱۲. Low fat yogurt
Yogurts are a source of calcium and protein; But many of them have a lot of sugar. If you consume low-fat yogurt, be sure to check the amount of fructose and sucrose used in it.
- The solution to this problem: Use low-fat yogurt with less than 90 calories and 20 grams of sugar.
13. Multi-grain cereals
There are many types of breads and pastries on the market these days. These grains contain refined white flour, which raises blood sugar levels.
- The solution to this problem: Look for 100% whole grains, oats or wheat. Whole grains are high in fiber and you will feel fuller for longer.
۱۴. Light olive oil (dilute)
Olive oil with a light label is very seductive. You think this type of oil is healthy and light; While these types of oils have higher fat and more calories.
- The solution to this problem: Use a variety of virgin olive oils and be sure to check the nutritional value label when buying.
۱۵. Omega-3 foods
Some foods, such as cereals and eggs, have added omega-3s. Some types of omega-3s are good for heart health; But others have many harmful effects on the health of the body. Be sure to note the amount of omega-3s added to foods.
- The solution to this problem: Use salmon to supply omega-3s to your body. If you are a vegetarian, you can eat a variety of seaweed.
۱۶. Ice (iced tea)
The antioxidants in the refrigerator do not make it a healthy drink. This type of tea usually has a lot of sugar, which increases the size of your stomach.
- The solution to this problem: Use regular teas such as lemon tea or mild herbal teas without sweeteners.
۱۷. Popcorn Microwave
Popcorn is a healthy snack; But if you use ready-made popcorn that you need to heat in the microwave, you should note that this type of popcorn has added butter. Additive butter increases body fat and, as a result, eliminates the weight loss diet.
- The solution to this problem: Examine the nutritional value label of popcorn carefully. Make traditional low-fat, unsalted popcorn at home.
۱۸. Salty seasoning
Salty condiments such as olives and ready-made pickles contain a lot of sodium salt, which is not recommended during high-fat diets.
- The solution to this problem: Use cucumber, bell pepper, fresh radish as a garnish.
19. cabbage salad
Cabbage is very good for health. Cabbage salad is a complete disaster for a slimming diet. Restaurants use high-calorie mayonnaise to make cabbage salads and reduce the nutritional value of cabbage.
- The solution to this problem: Make cabbage salad at home without high-calorie sauce or skim yogurt.
20. Banana chips
Banana or fried banana chips contain a lot of calories and saturated fat. 100 grams of banana chips contain 147 calories, 9.5 grams of fat and 8.2 grams of saturated fat. This amount of calories is almost equal to the calories of a hamburger.
- The solution to this problem: Eat fresh bananas and enjoy their high nutritional value.
Slimming diet has many details that you can follow to achieve your ideal weight. Reducing calories and eating healthy and wholesome foods will help you stay healthy and achieve your dream weight. If you have been eating the foods we mentioned in this article so far, it is better to replace the high-calorie foods with the solutions we have suggested today.
Tell us about foods that will ruin your weight loss diet. You can share your ideas and solutions with us and your audience in the “How to” section. We will use your messages to improve the quality of the content.